Diamond lager yeast gives you true lager yeast performance together with the convenience & consistency of dry yeast, making Diamond the perfect choice for the full range of lager beers.
The Diamond yeast strain originated in Germany and is being used by commercial breweries around the world for production of beer in a wide variety of brewery sizes and environments. Diamond yeast has been produced using advanced techniques developed by Lallemand to maintain the highest standards in fermentation and flavor production.
- Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 5 days above 12°C.
- High attenuation.
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation is dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and the nutritional quality of the wort.
- Flocculent strain; settling can be promoted by cooling and use of fining agents and isinglass.
- The aroma and taste are almost neutral and do not display off-flavours when properly handled. It may tend, because of flocculation, to slightly reduce hop bitter levels.
- Best used at traditional lager temperatures (10-15ºC) after rehydration in the recommended manner.
Fermentation temperature: 10 °C - 15 °C
Content: 11 g dry yeast